Wednesday 22 May 2013

A voice of an angel (Give me this one cliche)

I have the privilege to work at a school where the head master actually uses my strengths and knows my weaknesses. So, NO sport for me! I can't catch a ball to save my life. Why, o,why, run around trying to catch something that just always seems to be aimed at my head? Last year, the school decided that for my extra murals I will be doing the choir (hallelujah), the Glee Club and chess. Yes. Chess.  I sucked so badly at it that the school finally came to their senses and removed it from my duties.

With a renewed self-confidence I auditioned 100-ish children (in our school it's cool to be in the Glee club) and narrowed it down to 25. (Yes, I cried when I had to end some of the children's dreams.)

But through this up and down emotional roller-coaster came Diego. A quiet 13 year old boy, with a voice so unique it made me use a cliche without blinking.

- A voice of an angel-

I recorder a video for you to experience this talent. He was very shy and scared, so some notes lost a bit of control. I am working with him individually and hopefully soon, he will be able to bless the entire world with his gift.  


And what a gift it is.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, imagine what he'll sound like when he isn't nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning. You're doing a great job her - the Lord is using you beyond what you can imagine!

    ReplyDelete